The National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education was established in 2012. The role of the National Forum is to enhance the teaching and learning for all students in higher education. Engaging with leaders, managers, teachers and students, the National Forum mobilises expertise and inputs from across the entire sector to extend and shape best practice in all institutes of higher education in Ireland.
The National Forum’s Vision
Under the guidance of its Board, whose members are chosen to represent the different areas of expertise in teaching and learning, the Forum engages in a range of activities aimed at:
- ○ Championing all those who contribute to great teaching and learning in higher education
- ○ Inspiring great practice, by celebrating examples of teaching that have a strong and positive impact on learning
- ○ Developing teachers and learners
- ○ Identifying and promoting best practice in professional development
- ○ Building digital capacity
- ○ Promoting key enhancement themes
- ○ Enabling innovation in a fast-changing educational environment.
Visit the National Forum website, http://teachingandlearning.ie